- Be a technical leader on in-depth RF, Wireless, and RAN topics, provide technical guidance for next generation products and solutions, working closely with related architecture, design, engineering and deployments teams.
- Lead 3GPP RAN or O-RAN Alliance standards participation and contribution
- Lead prototype and proof-of-concept development on forward-looking products and solutions internally or in partnership with lead customers
- File patents and/or author publications on innovative RF, Wireless, and RAN topics
- Analyze customer needs as it relates 5G NR and RAN solutions and then communicate product requirements and communicate them to the product management and engineering teams
- Work closely with business units and solutions teams on in-depth study of 5G
- NR Radio Access Network design, configuration, implementation and optimization
- Responsible for integration, validation and implementation of 5G NR RF and RAN functional, load, performance, optimization and assurance use case-based solutions.
- Develop and communicate use case scenarios for Non-Stand Alone (4G-5G) and Stand Alone (5G) including beamforming, RF test and measurements, RAN optimization and assurance.
- Educate the business unit, customers and partners on VIAVI’s 5G RF and RAN solutions
- Present strategic thought-leadership to our customers and industry forums and standards bodies
- 10+ years of relevant experience in RF and RAN telecommunications role, experience working in 5G RAN and RF system deployment and planning role with a network equipment manufacturer or 5G operator is a plus
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering (Ph.D preferred) with major in RF, wireless, or networking or similar.
- Expertise in wireless technologies e.g. 5G, LTE/LTE-A, O-RAN, IoT a must
- Experience in attending and contributing to wireless standards bodies, e.g. 3GPP RAN/SA, O-RAN Alliance, and filing patents related to such work
- Experience with RF and RAN test, measurement, configuration, optimization, and performance tools, including; eNB, gNB, UE emulators, Drive test tools, Spectrum/signal analyzers, Signal sources, Network analyzers
- RAN optimization tools and assurance tools (scanners, UE based logging, triggers, RRC traces, etc.)
- Planning tools such as Atoll or Planet.
- In depth knowledge of major vendors of 5G NR network solutions and how they are configured and optimized – including Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), NSA, SA Radios, beam directivity and numbering schemes for coverage and user beams, excess UEs/scheduling issues, propagation modelling and fading issues, multipath, antenna alignment, PIM etc.
- Understanding of mobility management including the configuration and optimization of timers and other mobility parameters for intra-beam, intra-cell, inter-cell, inter-carrier and inter-RAT options.
EA Personnel Registration Number: R1110794 EA Licence Number 90C3026 Dawn Han
EA Personnel Registration Number: R1110794
EA Licence Number 90C3026