Our client is looking for an experienced accountant to assist in the maintaining financial ledgers of assigned entities in Japan in both local US GAAP. The individual will also assist to ensure controls are in place to monitor completeness and accuracy of assigned ledgers. Lastly, they will assist the business finance team in providing required support and partnership with business to improve customer experience.
1. Finance Operation
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system
- Assist in maintaining and monthly closing of assigned ledgers
- Ensure all balance sheet schedules are properly reconciled and action upon on a timely basis including intercompany balances and transactions
- Processes payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements and statements
- Review and audit employee claims
- Ensure proper financial reporting and compliance to local and group policies
- Liaise with banks, external auditor, tax agent, corporate secretary and various government agencies
- Provide financial information and support to the operation and internal stakeholders
2. Business Finance Support
- Assist in customers data set up and ensure governance and control checks are in place for orders closed and booked
- Assist in credit management process and customer/partner onboarding finance due diligence process where Japanese language skill is required.
- Assist in completion of required information for RFP in the event requires translation from Japanese to English or vice versa
- Assist in liaising with customers on required custom clearance procedures
- Support opportunity to cash cycle (including invoicing, receipts, bank reconciliation, cash application) where Japanese language skills is required, local GAAP knowledge and indirect tax updates
- Provide the required onboarding training and refresher training to employees relating to business finance area
3. Ad-hoc duties and projects as per assigned.
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in multinational environment, especially in software industries would be advantageous
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, computer literate and experience in computerized accounting system. Working knowledge of Oracle and Essbase. Hyperion is a plus.
- Possess good communication skills, fluent in English and Japanese (able to read, speak and write)
- Good interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Performs work with minimal direction and prioritizes job duties appropriately
- Able to start work immediately is an advantage
Only shortlisted canditates will be contacted by JAC. Thank you for your understanding.
EA License: 90C3026 / EA Personnel: R2091076 / EA Personnel Name: Ng Zi Xuan Nicodemus