Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturer of adhesive films and tapes for various industries. We are looking for Sales Engineer for their membrane division, who will be responsible for providing their membrane products for water treatment business, such as changing seawater into drinking water and industrial water in mainly ASEAN, Australia etc.
Duties not limited to:
- Primarily assists the sales team on all sales related activities.
- Focus on managing sales orders, inventory monitoring, delivery schedules and the distribution of any sales documentation.
- Prepares and then follows up on any sales quotations made for customers.
- Resolving any sales related issues with customers, professionally.
- Carrying out administrative tasks such as data input, processing information, completing paperwork and filing documents.
- Able to work closely with the Sales team to assess the progress of the department.
- Liaise between other departments and the customers to provide the service most suitable to the customer's needs, cost and time restraints.
- Provide technical support to both municipal and industrial customers to identify and resolve any water treatment issues
- Test and evaluate new & existing waste water treatment and MBR/UF/RO plants, including data collection and process analysis
- Design MBR/UF/RO system of water treatment plant by software such as IMSD
- Conduct technical training lo key accounts locally and overseas
- Involvement in setting up water treatment application and service program
- Provide testing and commissioning support to wastewater and water treatment plants
- Prepare technical proposal and tender submission for local and overseas water projects
- Supports marketing efforts for new technologies
- Provide technical support lo the Sales for preparation of bids and proposals
- Support the bid and tender process ensuring all milestone dates are met, all documentation is prepared and stored in accordance with Company standard procedures, risk assessment process is followed, and all project related information is properly updated through the life cycle of each sales opportunity
- Review and comprehend the customer’s specific technical requirements primarily communicated through design plans and specifications
- Organized technical training and seminars internally and externally to maintain product and application knowledge in water treatment processes with respective membrane products
- Diploma in any Business/ Engineering Field
- Relevant experience in Sales or Sales Coordination position
- Able to work in a fast pace working environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or related B.S. degree in engineering/environmental studies)
- Minimum 5 years of technical sales, engineering, or related experience in the Water and Wastewater Industry is required.
- Possess strong knowledge on Water Treatment applications and process engineering. Fundamental knowledge of engineering principles in the area of drinking water and wastewater treatment is preferred.
- Demonstrate proficient problem-solving techniques, attention to detail and the ability to manage complex product related technical queries.
- Strong interpretation of technical specifications in the development of project tenders, designs, cost estimates, and proposals.
- Ability to complete tasks and resolve difficult technical issues with minimum oversight.
- Strong analytical skills with a drive to identify and implement business process efficiency improvements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Certification or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification is a plus.
- Possess good sales and business acumen is a plus.
- Ability to travel within SEA & Oceania within short notice