You will be first point of contact for the business teams in APAC to provide legal advice with respect to sale and purchase of goods, software and services and support with the maintenance, enhancement and deployment of the company’s Ethics/Compliance throughout Asia but embedded in the global legal team of the company.
To provide legal advice and development & execution of regional Ethics/Compliance guidelines (local, EU, US, UK regulations and those imposed from Corporate).
- Development & implementation of legal templates and locally applicable terms & conditions
- Legal analysis of agreements with 3rd parties and advice to internal stakeholders
- Developing, producing as well as localizing relevant training materials as well as providing such training
- Identifying internal & external compliance risks
- Driving continuous improvement, best practices and standardization through the understanding of global legal & compliance regulations & trends
- Monitoring relevant changes in legislation and ensuring these are escalated, addressed and considered within the company as well as supporting Legal, Ethics/Compliance initiatives
- Maintaining and supporting the (further) development of local internal compliance guidelines and policies including data protection
- Preparing due diligence reports, collecting background information and performing background checks on third parties as well as preparing relevant internal reports and registers
- Support in negotiations
- Maintaining and further developing the department’s Intranet page
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Law or relevant field
- At least 2 years of professional experience, ideally gained in an international company or international law firm
- Experience in commercial law, preferably software related
- Good knowledge of common IT tools
- Equipped with analytical mindset, strong attention to details whilst possessing personal integrity and robust character
- Excellent communication skill and interpersonal abilities are required
- Additional first experiences in compliance and data protection would be a plus
We regret to inform applicants that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.
Elsie Soh Lay Ching (R1105510)
JAC Recruitment Pte Ltd (EA Lic No: 90C3026)