As a key team member of our trading hub operation, the role supports the Vice President - Trading and Country Managers to ensure;
- Our imported bar feedstock needs as defined through our S&OP process, are delivered in full and on-time.
- The most cost efficient and effective freight and logistics service that leverages our volume, demand planning, mill relationships and market insights.
- Develop and execute a freight and logistics strategy to supply raw materials across our international operations footprint.
- Accountable for transportation spend associated with imported bar supply
- Manage all strategic supplier relationships including negotiations with carriers to obtain optimum rates and service
- Utilise knowledge in freight classification, routing, ports, rates and claims management to deliver solutions to the business.
- Lead the development of freight management processes including supplier selection, qualification and evaluation, statement of works, RFP’s, contract negotiation and management and performance review.
- Develop models to evaluate supplier costing scenarios and options.
- Oversee the execution of associated shipping documentation
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives.
- Degree in Sales & Marketing, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years in competitively sourcing logistics categories ideally with shipping ex Asia to the Americas experience.
- Break bulk container cargo experience
- Ship Broker / Agent background will be highly valued