Key Duties & Responsibilities
Work as part of a lean team to support finance, accounting and procurement processes in compliance with the University’s policies, procedures and standards.
Finance & Accounting
• Student billing: Track and check on students’ eligibility for subsidies/grants;assist in calculation of resultant student bills; follow-up on outstanding student bills.
• Accounts payable: Track and make timely payments to programme teachers/helpers; process all manner of payment claims from staff; ensure timely payment of vendor invoices and other contractual obligations; and prepare/verify journal transfers for inter-departmental payments.
• Accounts receivable: Invoice customers on a timely basis; prepare journals to account/reconcile for e-collections; follow-up on outstanding balances from customers and support the work of bad debt management.
Grant accounting: Support SSG audit and any grant/subsidy receipts,disbursements, and reconciliation duties.
• Fixed asset accounting: Maintain fixed asset listing, and perform annual verification.
• Customer care support: Attend to email/phone/walk-in enquiries.
• Business process re-engineering and continuous process improvement.
• Provide support and advice to end-users on procurement processes and submissions (such as requirement/contract specifications, recommendation reports, and expenditure proposals) to ensure compliance procurement policies and procedures in all aspects of contractual matters.
• Assist in planning and coordinating audit compliance checks.
Academic & Professional Certification
• At least a good bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from a reputable university
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience in SAP Accounting System preferred.
Experience & Attributes
• At least 2 years’ relevant work experience.
• Adept in systems thinking and working with IT systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Committed team player who is results-driven, self-motivated and disciplined with the highest level of integrity