Job requirements are set out as follows:
The successful shall be competent to perform the following:
- Preparation for laboratory work and experiments - getting the items for the experiment, setting up the stations, making purchases of perishables, ensure equipment/materials sufficient for group work. Making/creating resources if needed.
- Cleaning, sorting and keeping equipment after the experiment. Maintaining the Science Labs- cleanliness, stock taking etc
- Preparing/creating resources based on Head of Department’s (HOD’s) instructions
- Assist HODs in their annual stock-taking exercise if required
- Assist in office work when not required by the respective HODs, e.g. answering phone calls, collating data, simple data entry, distribution of material and printing of worksheets & exam papers.
- Any other task assigned by Principal, Vice Principal & HODs.
The successful candidatel shall minimally have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
(a) Minimum GCE 'O' Level Certificate preferred
(b) Good communication and inter-personal skills
(c) Proficient in MS Office
(d) At least of 3 years working experience as a Science Lab Assistant
(e) Fluent in written and spoken English and another language.
(f) Familiar with setting stations for Science and Math Practical.