Our client is a leading MNC in the retail industry with good work life balance and friendly working culture
Manager / Assistant Manager in Legal Department (in house)
A) Legal Review、Advice
・Legal review before signed by the Directors. Let the PIC or Directors to understand legal risks before engaging.
・Updating, consoling Franchise Agreement
B) Risk Management
・In case the company has doubt to violate the law, contact person to correspond with the layer or any other legal professional
・Penetration of risk management activities that is instructed by Suntory Japan.
C) Assist Directors
・Assist Directors for preparing English letters,e-mails or any other matters.
・Assist new business project if necessary.
· Review, draft and/or advise on the necessity of all agreements and other legal documents that the company executes (and liaise with external legal advisers if necessary) to enable the company to administer its business activities in accordance with their intentions and objectives to support and add value to business growth and sustainability.
· Timely respond to internal questions with respect to contractual and legal matters so that the company may make legally competent decisions and responses to business opportunities as they arise.
· Assist the Compliance Officer in establishing, updating and holding study sessions on various compliance guidelines and all related documents (reporting formats etc) in line with any latest development of laws to raise awareness of, and prevent, compliance risks arising from the company’s business activities.
· Timely arrange counter-measures (in liaison with external legal advisers and other business units/branches within the corporate group) to defend against the rising number of brand imitations in the Asia-Pacific region to prevent brand dilution and to protect the brand image and profits of the company.
· Manage and maintain the registration and licensing rights of the company’s intellectual property to protect the company’s intangible assets from third party infringements and hence assist the company’s brands grow unhindered.
· Assist the Directors in ad hoc tasks, such as corporate planning, etc.
· Minimum 3 year relevant experience in Legal Department of any industry
· Management of contracts, cases and intellectual property
· Legal mind, analytical and logical thinking, attention to detail
· Can work under pressure and complete tasks deadlines
· Can communicate effectively with company and legal advisers, good presentation skills
· Ability to work proactively and independently without supervision, good problem-solving skills