Our client is looking for ambitious and experienced Interior Designer with a proven track record or delivering projects in Tokyo, Japan.
Our ID department is fast paced, charged with finding creative solutions to deliver residential projects across APAC with challenging schedules and tight budgets!
The role is varied, exciting and great opportunity to join a fast growing Startup at a senior level during a key stage of growth, contributing to the way the company is experienced by their members.
· Be a main point of contact for all projects in Tokyo.
· Lead a team of Interior Designers to take existing buildings and apartments in Tokyo and execute amazing design concepts which are on brand and market appropriate, on time and in budget
· Communicate the design solutions your team create for your Country to the broader product team and line manager. Ensure solutions are maintained from design through to procurement and construction.
· Working closely with our Japanese based Project Manager during construction phase to ensure design quality and execution.
· Manage and mentor junior team members, providing guidance and reviewing performance.
· Actively research and stay up to date with FF&E, lighting pieces, and sanitaryware trends, and liaise with sourcing and procurement teams to optimise local selection and procurement, research, specification and coordination of interior architectural finishes, furniture & lighting pieces, ironmongery & sanitary ware
· Responsible for overseeing the production of complete design packages, including conceptualising, space planning, detailed interiors drawings, 3D renderings and technical specifications.
· Creating accurate budget and timeline schedules for projects based on contractor and supplier quotes.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working on residential projects in Tokyo, with proficient knowledge of local building regulations and standards, living culture and FF&E sourcing.
· Design confidence and knowledge of taking a project from existing floor plans to a fully specified outstanding proposal.
· Proficient skills in AutoCad, Sketchup, Adobe, Google suite,
· Process oriented and organised with an ambitious approach, and the ability to manage and motivate a small team
· Evidence of interior detailing skills, joinery work, other technical skills
· Organised, Fluent English and Japanese speaker
Interested candidates please click apply and send your updated resume in word format (with current and expected salary).
We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, rest assure we will keep your resume in mind for other suitable positions.