Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer
Salary - $6,500 + AWS + VB (depending on incumbent last drawn)
Location – Woodlands
Interviews requirement – 3 rounds
Team size – appx. 7
To work on all the product phases (design, development, testing of prototypes, manufacturing & implementation) with special reference to:
· Designing systems & components that meet product requirements (including costs)
· Preparing product reports & relevant documentation
· Resolving design /manufacturing / supplier issues
· Define, develop, evaluate & verify designs to meet product requirements.
· Develop specifications, test methodologies & test equipment to evaluate design concepts.
· Participate in corrective action teams to resolve product design issues.
· Additional duties may be assigned from time to time.
· Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Minimum 5 years of product design experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in industrial products.
· Proficient in 3D CAD software (good knowledge of NX Unigraphics highly desirable).
· Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, materials science, etc.
· Creativity & analytical mindset.
· Knowledge of engineering standards in drawing practices (e.g. GD&T).
· Working experience with product lifecycle management tools (e.g. PLM Teamcenter or similar).
· Knowledge of engineering analysis methods & tools.
· Manual skills; ability to operate light tools & custom test equipment.
· Design knowledge using engineering materials in part design; examples, but not limited to, aluminium, thermoplastics & silicon rubber (related tooling feasibility & secondary processes).
· Knowledge on MATLAB application & programming language will be an added advantage.
· Interact effectively with multi-functional team members (local & globally).
· Ability to work independently or as a team.